“Practical Applications: Book Design, Editing, Graphic Art, Book Production and Marketing”
The Legacy program is an unpaid internship for educational purposes, work experience, or college credits.
• Internship Length: 120 to 160 Hours – 8-10 Weeks; Monday-Thursday.
• Work is done on-site at the Legacy office in Winter Park, Florida
• Supervised by the Company President.
• Certificate of Completion and/or recommendation letter provided at the end of the internship.
The work will be related to book publishing creation, production, and marketing in the commercial marketplace including direct sales, Internet and bookstores both chains and independents.
Tasks and Assignments Include:
Book Cover Design
- Color choices for best background, fonts, and images
- Positioning for the highest attraction to consumer
- Set up parameters for book manufacturing
- How to write a back cover copy that sells
- Placement of description, author info, or endorsements on back covers
Marketing Concepts Addressed:
- Copywriting that intrigues and persuades
- Campaign concepts and Demographics
- Press release to National TV interview processes
- Direct mail – Postal or Internet?
- Flyers, Posters, Post Cards Applications
- Distributors, Wholesalers, Catalogs, Licensing Global
- Addressing the parts of a book and the proper order
- Layout solutions for demographics
- Layout function vs. elaboration
- Type choices vs. Font choices for practical design
- Developmental Editing v. Proofreading
- Manuscript Evaluation & Submissions of Acceptances and Rejections
Marketing Design Materials
- Business Cards, Bookmarks, Postcards, Flyers, Window Posters, Banners, etc.
- Web pages, Website, Designs, and Sales
- Publishers web page insertions
- Registration for books internationally (Bowker) ISBN
- National distributor registration
- Amazon registration and Marketing choices